[postgis-users] Is there a Java API for PostGIS

christian.schuster at rsag.ch christian.schuster at rsag.ch
Thu Mar 13 01:53:04 PST 2003

First, thanks for the tip. But now I have another problem. I have this
project I am working on. So I thought I could add all the java source code
for jdbc of PostGIS and PostgreSQL to the project and compile it there. But
big surprise. Many functions in PostgreSQL are deprecated and also with the
source code of PostGIS I was not so lucky. I think one of the reason is
that I am working with Java 1.4.1 and the source of PostgreSQL and PostGIS
was not written for that release.

There is also the following class in the PostGIS source

package org.postgis;

public class GeometryFactory {

      public static byte[] Geometry2WKB(Geometry geom) {}

      public static Geometry WKB2Geometry(byte[] wkb) {}

      public static Geometry WKS2Geometry(String wks) {}

}

In all three static functions the return value is missing. There are many
other things too. So, I am wondering what I am doing wrong. I am working on
Win2000Pro system. I copied the java source code for jdbc from
postgresql-7.3.2-1 and postgis-0.7.4. Does anyone know what to do or do I
need to work over the code to update it to java 1.4.1?

Christian Schuster

Rudolf Schuster AG
Postfach 277
CH - 3000 Bern 11

http://www.rsag.ch
++41 31 348 05 30

             Sebastian Bölling
             <sebastian.boelli
             ng at rz.hu-berlin.d                                          To
             e>                        PostGIS Users Discussion
             Sent by:                  <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.
             postgis-users-bou         net>
             nces at postgis.refr                                          cc
             actions.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [postgis-users] Is there a Java
             13.03.2003 09:30          API for PostGIS

             Please respond to
               PostGIS Users
                Discussion
             <postgis-users at po