[postgis-users] new simplify version (0.2)

strk strk at freek.keybit.net
Fri May 2 01:14:59 PDT 2003

schut wrote:
> strk,
>
> to update from version 0.1, can I simply make install and run the sql script
> on the database that currently has simplify0.1 support enabled? Or should I
> first disable simplify0.1 support on the database (how?) and then enable 0.2?

Running make install should be enaught.
There is no need of disable/enable again.

Enabling script just maps a simplify() stored procedure to the shared object
simplify.so - with make install you will overwrite the sared object,
so any further postgres instance will use the new implementation.

Be aware that connection opened before installing the new version will
still use the old loaded version: in these cases reconnect to the backend
or use 'LOAD $libdir/simplify.so' to force reload.

--strk;