[postgis-users] POSTGIS DTED...

Nick Ton nton at photon.com
Mon May 12 07:23:12 PDT 2003

Thanks Vincent,

I think for our low budget development we will have to take
your advice and store the DTED data externally, and do the
projection ourselves.

Is there's any push or interest for development of
raster storage and query capabilities in PostGIS?
It would seem that many data format are based on
raster format (i.e. meteorological, satellite, etc.),
and so would benefit from an open source SDE
that would support such capabilities.

I would be happy to spend some free time to support
such an effort, but I am not sure how to begin.

Thanks Again,
Nick