[postgis-users] postgis.sql is failing

Yurgis Baykshtis ybaykshtis at aurigin.com
Tue May 13 08:47:27 PDT 2003

I followed PostGIS Windows installation steps described here:
http://www.gasai.com/gisapps/WindowsHowTo.html

Everything was OK (cygwin, ipc, postgres, build) till the following
statement:

psql -U postgres -d myGISdb -f postgis.sql

I got the following errors

psql:postgis.sql:18: NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type histogram2d is not
yet defined
psql:postgis.sql:18: ERROR:  stat failed on file '$libdir/postgis.dll':
No such file or directory

And then just whole bunch of these:

psql:postgis.sql:23: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, queries
ignored until end of transaction block

Then I tried to execute postgis.sql from the GUI tool (pgAdmin II) and
got the same error:
stat failed on file '$libdir/postgis.dll': No such file or directory

I appreciate if anybody could explain what should I do here.