[postgis-users] Re: Error messages in PostGIS

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Fri May 23 08:05:29 PDT 2003

Use the function:
SetSRID(geometry) to update the geometry in your table, i.e.
UPDATE mytable
SET the_geom = SetSRID(the_geom)=4326

I've never done it, anyone see problems with it?

Tyler

                      strk <strk at freek.keybit.net>
                      Sent by:                                  To:       PostGIS Users Discussion
                      postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refr         <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>
                      actions.net                               cc:
                                                                Fax to:
                                                                Subject:  Re: [postgis-users] Re: Error messages  in
                      05/23/2003 02:14 AM                        PostGIS
                      Please respond to PostGIS Users
                      Discussion

rosangela.silva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for information. Is everything ok now.
>
> But, if I've already created a spatial table with SRID = -1
> how can I convert this table (and all its elements) for SRID=4326?
> Is it possible??

Ok, this  sounds like something that needs a better user interface to
be done cleanly... AFAIK you have to hack it.

I'd try to update the geometry_column first (setting the SRID to the value
4326) and then update the  your spatial table using the setSRID() function
on the geometry column.

If the constraints dinamically check SRID from geometry_columns
table that should work.

--strk;

> Thanks
> Rosângela
>   rosangela.silva wrote:
>   > Hello all,
>   >
>   > I'm having two problems with PostGIS that I don't know
>   > how to solve them. I don't have much experience with database
>   > management. Could you help me, please?
>   >
>   > I DROP a table continent, but I don't DROP the spatial
>   > index before, and when I try to execute the sql again
>   > I receive the message below:
>   >
>   > $ psql -d geobusca -f continent.sql
>   > ERROR:  Relation 'continent' already exists
>   > psql:continent.sql:1: ERROR:  Relation 'continent' already exists
>   > ERROR:  Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index
geometry_columns_pk
>   > WARNING:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function
addgeometrycolumn
>   > WARNING:  line 39 at execute statement
>   > psql:continent.sql:2: WARNING:  line 39 at execute statementng
PL/pgSQL function
>   > psql:continent.sql:2: ERROR:  Cannot insert a duplicate key into
unique index ge
>   > ometry_columns_pk
>
>   You need to delete from geometry_columns where f_table_name
= 'continent'.
>   This is done automatically if you use dropGeometryColumn() befor
dropping
>   the table.
>
>   >
>   > In other case, I delete a record from a spatial table and when I try
>   > insert the same record again (with some changes) I received the
message
>   > below:
>   >
>   > gisdb=# INSERT INTO wpt (wpt_waypointID, wpt_Name, the_geom) VALUES
(9, 'TUN
>   > L25', GeometryFromText('POINT(-46.63758 -23.97345)', 4326));
>   > ERROR:  ExecInsert: rejected due to CHECK constraint "$1" on "wpt"
>   > ERROR:  ExecInsert: rejected due to CHECK constraint "$1" on "wpt"
>   > gisdb=#
>
>   The CHECK constraint "$1" tries to force geometry SRID as specified in
>   the geometry_columns. You have removed the information related to
>   the specified table, thus the check is rejected.
>
>   >
>   > I'm using LATLONG/WGS84 and the wpt table is:
>   >                Table "public.wpt"
>   >      Column     |       Type        | Modifiers
>   > --------------------+---------------------+-----------
>   >  wpt_waypointid | bigint            |
>   >  wpt_name        | character varying |
>   >  the_geom        | geometry          |
>   > Check constraints: "$1" (srid(the_geom) = -1)
>   >                    "$2" ((geometrytype(the_geom) = 'POINT'::text) OR
(the_geom IS NULL))
>   >
>   > But I used the sintaxe bellow to create the table:
>   > CREATE TABLE wpt (wpt_waypointID bigint, wpt_Name varchar);
>   > SELECT AddGeometryColumn('geobusca','wpt','the_geom',
4326,'POINT',2);