[postgis-users] GEOS / Predicates Update

Christoph Spoerri spoerri at duke.edu
Thu May 22 11:23:12 PDT 2003

To add my two cents ...

Recompiling/reinstall a system can be a real burden and shouldn't be take
lightly. It can cause major headaches even for the exprienced among us.

Having an unstable system (backend crashing) is not acceptable. So that is
definitly not an option.

Rewritting GEOS ... I don't know how much work that requires, but it seems the
best of the bad solutions. This said, I don't know anything about the GEOS
code and it's interaction with PostGIS. I know that exceptions are a nice
'feature', but if the problem could be solved by returning an error from a
function (as mentioned by a previous post) wouldn't that work as well?

Christoph