[postgis-users] Installing PostGIS

Mike Leahy mgleahy at fes.uwaterloo.ca
Sun May 25 18:31:52 PDT 2003

Hello all,

I´m a new user with PostGIS - I have yet to even successfully install it.
I´ve been trying to use the directions in the refractions.net documentation
section (at http://postgis.refractions.net/windows/WindowsHowTo.html).
However, after I have installed Cygwin, and I open the cygwin command console
(bash 2.05?), the first command I´m suppost to run to setup cygipc (bunzip2)
simply returns "command not found".  In fact, many of the commands are not
found...even though there are corresponding exe files in the cygwin\bin
folder.  Clearly there is something I have not done that isn´t mentioned in
these directions.  Can anyone suggest what this might be?

Kind regards,
Mike