[postgis-users] Update to where clause errors

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Tue May 27 13:35:07 PDT 2003

Paul A Peters wrote:
> David:
>
> I was indeed using the wrong point type, thanks for the help. I have gone
> back and rebuilt my postgis installation and rebuilt my test database.
> However, I am still getting the same error as before. So, I tried the "\d
> gis_test" as suggested and I got the response attached. Thus, I am still
> lost.

I think you need a more recent version of mappostgis.c.  I believe the
one you are using is case sensitive - try changing "FROM" to "from" in
your mapfile's DATA statement.

I've attached the most recent mappostgis.c for you to upgrade to.

If this doesnt give you an error but you get a blank map, you probably
didnt use AddGeometryColumn() to put the geometry column in gis_test.
To fix it either add the appropriate row to the geometry_columns table
or use this data statement:

the_geom from gis_test USING SRID=-1

dave