[postgis-users] Insert point in postgis

chodgson at refractions.net chodgson at refractions.net
Thu May 29 10:29:42 PDT 2003

I am not sure what two actions you are referring to.

What needs to happen in mapserver? Mapserver only display the data for your
map. I assume the data for your map is stored in a table in PostGIS, so if you
insert a new point into your PostGIS table, it will be displayed by mapserver.
What else do you what to happen at the same time? If you want to insert other
data into PostGIS at the same time (perhaps a row into another, non-spatial
table) then you can use SQL transactions to do so - look them up in the
PostgreSQL documentation.

Chris