[postgis-users] C++ App to POSTGIS

Nick Ton nton at photon.com
Thu May 29 09:27:55 PDT 2003

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I should post this for
anyone else who is interested. Apparently, GBorg
has revamped their C++ postgres API to the new
libpqxx. Apparently, there were "fundamental"
problems with the libpq++ API so they started from
scratch.

I just tried it out. I had a really hard time
linking to their shared object library, so I
resorted to linking to the static version of the
API.

Although, libpqxx seems to do what I want, I think I will
try the OGR postgis connector, it seems to offer more data
structures that are inline with how PostGIS and the OpenGIS
community works.

Thanks Again,
Nick