[postgis-users] RV: Insert point in postgis

Luz Brigitte luzbrigitte at hotmail.com
Thu May 29 13:24:48 PDT 2003

I´m sorry, maybe that I don´t explain well.

The idea is to know like  I can insert a point in an application of
mapserver and that inmediately with this information modifies my
postgres database.

Or somebody knows anyone code lines php in which I request the
coordinates x,y and in addition she captures information on that point
in my database, for example : name, address, phone, etc.

Brigitte P.
Colombia

I am not sure what two actions you are referring to.

What needs to happen in mapserver? Mapserver only display the data for
your
map. I assume the data for your map is stored in a table in PostGIS, so
if you
insert a new point into your PostGIS table, it will be displayed by
mapserver.
What else do you what to happen at the same time? If you want to insert
other
data into PostGIS at the same time (perhaps a row into another,
non-spatial
table) then you can use SQL transactions to do so - look them up in the
PostgreSQL documentation.

Chris
Quoting Luz Brigitte <
<http://lw12fd.law12.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/compose?curmbox=F000000001&
a=da28bbaf5a0f184d9fac6c11d1d66787&mailto=1&to=luzbrigitte at hotmail.com&m
sg=MSG1054234822.57&start=1105925&len=17577&src=&type=x>