Antw: [postgis-users] ERROR "LITTLE_ENDIAN" is undefined.

Andre Seifert ASeifert at schwerin.de
Mon Nov 3 07:20:22 PST 2003

The problem is solved by myself. I delved deeply and got the answer.
The most important change is made in postgis.h. The other changes are also needful to build by gmake.

edit postgis.h:
  #include <sys/endian.h>

edit Makefile:
  subdir=../../postgis-0.7.5
  top_builddir = ../postgresql-7.3.4

edit loader/Makefile:
  subdir=../../postgis-0.7.5/loader
  top_builddir = ../../postgresql-7.3.4

>>> ASeifert at schwerin.de 03.11.2003  11.54 Uhr >>>
Hi folks, I need help.
During building PostGis by gmake the following message appears:

cc-1020 cc: ERROR File = postgis_debug.c, Line = 215
  The identifier "LITTLE_ENDIAN" is undefined.
                if (BYTE_ORDER == LITTLE_ENDIAN)
                    ^
IRIX 6.5 MIPS R12000
I have inserted the following line into postgis.h
#define BYTE_ORDER LITTLE_ENDIAN
But it was'nt the solution for my problem.
What must I do?
(After all, sorry for my lousy English.)

Mail scanned by virusscanner, Patternfile from 02 Nov 2003