[postgis-users] postgis/postgrsql/geos

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Mon Nov 3 07:33:30 PST 2003

Hi Mike,

As I understand it, installing GEOS only installs the library files
required to use the new geometry functions. To use the new functions in
postgresql, you will need to use the latest CVS version of PostGIS and
alter the makefile to ensure that it has been compiled with support for
the GEOS functions. Finally, you will have to re-run the postgis.sql
script into the database to allow postgresql to see the new function
definitions, so it may be a good idea to try this in a new database and
work from there.

Hope this helps,

Mark.

---

Mark Cave-Ayland
Webbased Ltd.
Tamar Science Park
Derriford
Plymouth
PL6 8BX
England

Tel: +44 (0)1752 764445
Fax: +44 (0)1752 764446

recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You
should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute
its contents to any other person.