[postgis-users] ./compile all over?

Heitzso heitzso at growthmodels.com
Tue Nov 4 09:34:13 PST 2003

Build postgresql first from source code with ./configure, make, make
install etc.
IF you want to use GEOS then you need to prepend the postgresql ./configure
with LDFLAGS=-lstdc++ as in: LDFLAGS=-lstdc++ ./*configure*
--other-options *...*

Then, unpack postgis in contrib tree.  I usually pick up cvs flavor and
sym link
postgis over to postgis-cvs.  Then cd into the postgis directory and
follow build
directions there.  Once you have postgis built you still need to load
the postgis
functions into your database, etc.  The instructions in the postgis
directory
are quite clear.

You do not need to then rebuild postgresql afterwards.