[postgis-users] What street-level database are you using?

Jason Garman jgarman at wedgie.org
Thu Nov 20 20:14:07 PST 2003

Hi fellow PostGIS'ers...

First I'd like to extend my thanks for producing an excellent system
that even a GIS newbie such as myself was able to set up a PostGIS
system quickly.  I've currently set up a PostGIS table with Tiger/Line
data (right now a few counties in Maryland) and set up some queries to
perform primitive geocoding using the data.  PostgreSQL performs
admirably, returning fuzzy-string based geocode results in well under
100ms for most searches.

My question is, are there any commercial data sources for street-level
geocoding products for the US available that are reasonably priced and
have easy import options into PostGIS?  I've done some cursory searches
and I haven't found any real information on this subject.

Thanks
-- jason