[postgis-users] FW: postgis.sql

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Wed Oct 15 10:53:33 PDT 2003

> > Use the following configure arguments to configure the master makefile
> > correctly, then make, but DON'T make install
> > ./configure --enable-multibyte --with-CXX --prefix=/usr
> > --sysconfdir=/etc --docdir=/usr/doc/postgresql-$version
> > make
> > Return to the PostGIS directory, and follow the standard installation
> > instructions:
> > make
> > make install

Does the make install not work or does it look like it does okay?
Do you have a libpostgis.so anywhere?  It may be in a location that your
system cannot find.  Perhaps you need to run ldconfig once and try again?
Maybe post the output from your make install process so we can help see
where it stuck the lib for you.

Tyler