[postgis-users] Re: PostGIS inquiries

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Oct 24 09:23:52 PDT 2003

If you are just reading from shape, there is really no reason to get
into the FME. It is when you have to read from something unstructured
(like a CAD file or IGDS file) and structure it before writing it that
FME really comes into its own. Also for writing *out* to the multitude
of FME supported formats. So, not a tool for basic stuff, but incredibly
powerful. If you deal with alot of formats in your job, it is money well
spent.

P.

--
       __