[postgis-users] Re: PostGIS inquiries

Randy James rjames57 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 09:33:15 PDT 2003

Hi

You are right about FME. I have been using the FME
workbench and man what a great tool, it can query,
reproject, join tiles, buffer all in one shot. I had over
100 mapsheets to extract definite streams from and create
50M and 100M buffers for and tried many GIS programs, and
FME came out on top.The gis programs that were crashing for
one reason or another were taking a long time to do the
tasks, and i was doing one task at a time. FME completed
the task in 3 hours whereas using a GIS it was taking all
day.

Cheers
Randy