[postgis-users] Insert performance issues

Charlton Purvis cpurvis at asg.sc.edu
Tue Oct 28 07:49:48 PST 2003

Cool.  One more thing, you might want to consider Dave's advice in
response to an earlier email of mine dated 10/25/2003 having to do w/
slow addgeomoetrycolumn execution.  Once I removed it, things flew.

[from Dave]
If you want you can remove that portion from AddGeometryColumns() - just
stick null in instead.

The only part that depends on those column being present is the advanced
STATS package (makefile USE_STATS=1).

Charlton