[postgis-users] shp2psql problem

Vinko Vrsalovic vinko at cprsig.cl
Mon Sep 1 18:53:18 PDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 10:49:05AM +0200, javier garcia - CEBAS wrote:
> Hello;
>
> Thanks Jeff. Yes, the output is a SQL file ( with a lot of INSERT) that sees
> correct to me.
>
> I've used the pipe as you said, and the table is created in the database, but
> the created table is empty.
>
> In the screen, as the process goes, I can see a lot of:
>
> ERROR: current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of
> transaction block
>
> Is this ERROR normal?
>
> If so, where could I look for errors in the process?

Hi, that happens when a certain SQL insert statement has an error. What
I do in those cases is saving the output of shp2pgsql in a text file,
then try to load it with psql -f, that way the offending line number
and actual error will be displayed just before the first ERROR: line.

Then edit manually the sql generated to correct the error.

--
Vinko Vrsalovic <el[|- at -|]vinko.cl>
http://www.cprsig.cl