[postgis-users] PostGIS with Mapserver/Mapscript 4.0

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Tue Sep 16 09:36:30 PDT 2003

Mike Leahy wrote:
> As a workaround, I changed the USE_GEOS parameter to 0 in the makefile...so
> I was able to install PostGIS without the GEOS support.  Unfortunately, I've
> come full-circle to my original problem.  I'm still getting the warning
> messages tacked onto the end of my PHP script output when performing a map
> query that selects more than one object:
>

>>WARNING: BEGIN: already a transaction in progress WARNING: Closing
>>pre- existing portal "mycursor" WARNING: BEGIN: already a transaction
>>in progress
>>WARNING: Closing pre-existing portal "mycursor" WARNING: BEGIN: already a
>>transaction in progress WARNING: Closing pre-existing portal "mycursor"
>>WARNING: etc...

Two things, mike;

1. You need to re-compile mapserver, not PostGIS
2. As I said in my last message, I havent actually committed the changes
yet.  (I made a bunch of other very minor changes and havent had time to
test them)

I've attached a mappostgis.c that you can use in mapserver that should
solve your problem.

dave