[postgis-users] PostGIS with Mapserver/Mapscript 4.0

Mike Leahy mgleahy at fes.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Sep 16 11:36:10 PDT 2003

David,

Thanks for the response, and I apologize for the confusion.

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to sit tight and wait until a Win32
build is available.  I've already tried compiling/installing the supporting
packages required for Mapserver, and that alone is leading me to more
errors.  I don't think I could get this done in a reasonable amount of time.
On top of that, I'm running MapServer with IIS in WinXP...I'm not really
sure if Mapserver compiled in cygwin work for IIS - would it?  Is there any
way for me to know when the changes have been updated in Win32 development
version of Mapserver?

The project I'm working on is developing a spatially-enabled education
quality assessment database for use by participants from developing
countries.  Our goal is to get something presentable running before
November.  While things are working more-or-less with the older 'unknown'
build of PostGIS that we have, I was hoping to take advantage of more useful
functionality in the latest versions.

At any rate, I really appreciate your help.

Kind regards,
Mike