[postgis-users] PostGIS with Mapserver/Mapscript 4.0 (successful workaround)

Mike Leahy mgleahy at fes.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Sep 16 21:30:01 PDT 2003

All,

I'm just letting you know how I finally got around this problem.  I just went
into the PostgreSQL source and commented-out the lines that sent the specific
warning messages I was getting.  Recompiled/installed, and after that
everything works fine - the image loads fine in Rosa and no messages appear
after the attributes table.  I'm sure this isn't the most professional
solution, but it makes things work with my setup until the next mapserver
binary is released...

Here are the actual changes I made:

pquery.c - lines 112-113 commented-out:

		//elog(WARNING, "Closing pre-existing portal \"%s\"",
		//	 portalName);

xact.c - line 1562 commented-out:

		//elog(WARNING, "BEGIN: already a transaction in progress");

Thanks again.

Mike