[postgis-users] Cygwin/CVS/GEOS compile question

Eliot Cline eliot at gospatial.com
Thu Sep 18 00:09:13 PDT 2003

Hello all,

I have setup PostgreSQL/postgis-0.75 succesfully using Cygwin on a Win2K box. I would really like to try out the features of the cvs version using the geos libs. However I cant get the cvs version to compile under Win2K/Cygwin. I get a heap of error messages like:

/usr/local/lib/libgeos.a(CentroidArea.o)(.text+0x4aa): In function
`_ZN4geos12CentroidArea3addEPNS_8GeometryE':
/usr/src/geos-20030916/source/geom/../algorithm/CentroidArea.cpp:44:
undefined reference to `___cxa_bad_typeid'

I tried using "LDFLAGS=-lstdc++ ./configure --other-options" to compile postgres. When running ldd to check the whether the lib got linked to the postgres .exe I don't see libstdc++ in the list. Is this because there is no libstdc++.dll on my system? If so, is there a workaround (other than switching to Linux)? Or am I totally off the mark and the problem is something else?

Thanks,

Eliot Cline