[postgis-users] regarding Makefile errors and my own question

pw p.willis at telus.net
Wed Sep 24 15:24:06 PDT 2003

Hi Paul,

I was referring to the imaginary documentation that is *NOT*
marked 'INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS'. as opposed to README which
ordinarily (in many other source distributions) contains licences, kudos
and web addresses for those who are involved in development of the
article, and thus gets glossed over and ignored in the most minor and
perfunctory way except by those who are curious enough to look.
(not just by myself but apparently others with similar
lingual incongruities as well).

I will now vigilantly attend to the README files of all the software
distributions which I have speciously untarred and compiled, whilst
willfully disregarding those tomes. I have much READMEing to do.
Those installations must all be wrong....it's a wonder that they
function at all.  :)

I'm nitpicking. I should just learn to *read everything*
regardless of the title.
(I should have learned that by now)

Peter