[postgis-users] Database initialisation

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Mon Apr 12 15:17:41 PDT 2004

Good challenging opportunity for you :)
Install the old version of the database (and postgis, etc.) as per normal,
on a local copy of cygwin (i.e. that you control :).  Then copy your data
folder over to your setup and start postgresql using that data folder.
Then do a dump of the database (ask again if you need help with that) to a
file.  Don't try to restart your broken db, but initialize it, create a
database and load the dump file into the database.  Enjoy.  pgadmin may
have some tools to help go from 7.3 -> 7.4.1 directly rather than to file.

Tyler

postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net wrote on 04/04/2004 01:58:51
PM: