[postgis-users] Installation Trouble.

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 02:08:32 PDT 2004

Hi Dave,

You need to compile PostGIS as part of the PostgreSQL source tree, i.e.
you do need to download the PostgreSQL source from the website, as the
contrib directory is only available as part of the source code and not
the binary package. The last time I compiled PostGIS under cygwin, I
didn't install the cygwin package but manually followed the instructions
supplied with both packages and managed to end up with a working
installation without too much difficulty.

Hope this helps,

Mark.

---

Mark Cave-Ayland
Webbased Ltd.
Tamar Science Park
Derriford
Plymouth
PL6 8BX
England

Tel: +44 (0)1752 764445
Fax: +44 (0)1752 764446

recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You
should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute
its contents to any other person.