[postgis-users] createlang plpgsql mydatabase

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Apr 16 10:07:17 PDT 2004

You can force this to work with judicious use of editing the sql file
and other tricks, but fundamentally it looks like the postgres
installation you actually have running does not know where its library
directory is. This is usually a result of compiling in one spot and
moving to another. So it sounds like you have a mixed install of
different components, or multiple components. Could you have left the
binary deb/rpm components in place when you compiled from source? That
trips people up all the time.