[postgis-users] ESRI to support PostGIS?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Aug 2 12:20:54 PDT 2004

I would not expect ESRI to support PostGIS, rather they might eventually
support ArcSDE-on-PostgreSQL.  The ArcSDE middleware design make this
kind of thing a straightforward process.  The reason they say MySQL is
not sufficient at this time is because of some of the important missing
features in MySQL still, like procedural language support and trigger,
which are probably required for maintenance of the ArcSDE backend data
model.

P.