[postgis-users] Problems with Select by Polygon - pgsql75win

Eric Bridger eric at gomoos.org
Tue Aug 3 11:09:01 PDT 2004

This sounds familiar to me in that I recently encountered a problem
using PostGIS with Mapserver.  The DATA command, or the actual command
as captured in postgres logs executed very quickly, but would hang
forever when attempted thru the Mapserver/PostGIS API.

The solution was to run vacuum analyse on the database.  Fixed all my
problems,so it might be worth a try.  My DBA did this so I don't know
the details of the vacuum command, but I believe it is simple and quick.