[postgis-users] installation problems: can't find makefile.global, makefile.shplib

Michael Mallete mrmallete at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 7 21:55:33 PDT 2004

hello everone! just starting out here. i hope you
wouldn't mind me posting these questions here which
could've been posted in the past.

first off, when i was to untar the postgis tarball, i
didn't see any contrib folder in my postgres source
tree. so instead i created one as root.

then when i executed "make" or "gmake," this happens:

Makefile:38: ../../src/Makefile.global: No such file
or directory
Makefile:160: /src/Makefile.shlib: No such file or
directory
make: *** No rule to make target
`/src/Makefile.shlib'.  Stop.

was there anything wrong with my postgres
installation? or should i have edited something in the
makefile? my postgres source tree is /usr/local/pgsql/

help! thanx in advance :)

-Myk