[postgis-users] Indexes (ENABLE_SEQSCAN)

Alexandre Florio aflorio at gisplan.com.br
Thu Aug 26 10:42:38 PDT 2004

Hi,

    Analyzing the archives, this seems to be an exhaustively discussed problem which was apparently fixed in version 0.6.

    The documentation says that I do not need, anymore, to use "SET ENABLE_SEQSCAN=OFF" to force the planner to use the spatial index.  Nevertheless, I have a database in which a query do execute much faster when setting ENABLE_SEQSCAN to OFF.

    Before dumping the table scheme, queries and outputs I would like to confirm that this should not happen in the current version of PostGIS (0.8.2).

Thanks,
Alexandre Florio