[postgis-users] Problems with GeomUnion

Martin Schäfer smart77 at web.de
Wed Dec 1 11:45:53 PST 2004

Hi there,

I am very new in using Postgis and I’ve got a problem using the GeomUnion
function.

In a Svg project I want to show buffers as Polygons. Therefore, I buffer
Multilinestrings (Streets) and put these buffers in the GeomUnion function
because I only want to show one large buffer, not many small ones. But there
is a limit to 24 lines / buffers. If I try to use more buffers (I have got
69 lines) with the GeomUnion function, the Database disconnects.

Now, I have tried to use the lines with the GeomUnion function first and
then buffer the result (one large Multilinestring). This enables me to use
41 lines before the database disconnects.

Does anyone have a solution for that problem?

Thank you for your time and effort!

Greetings from Germany, Martin.

---