[postgis-users] Elevation Profiles

Carl Anderson carl.anderson at vadose.org
Wed Dec 1 20:14:19 PST 2004

On 12/01/2004 05:47:47 PM, ANDREW WOOLEY wrote:
> Carl,
>
> Thanks for that.  It sounds like it will work very well, but I keep
> getting an error:
>
> WARNING: plpgsql: ERROR during compile of linestring_samples near
> line
> 23
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "[".

I am testing your snippet here with my approximation of what your
tables are.

I don't (yet) find anything cooresponding to your issue of

WARNING: plpgsql: ERROR during compile of linestring_samples near line
23
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "[".

BUT your calling script is using an increment of 0 to walk the path
position = position + 0;   as an iterator is not going to get anywhere.

While i'm trying to track down your issues ......
  i am using postgresql 7.4.5 and postgis 0.9.0 on (linux) FC3

if you don't mind what is your platform and SW version?

I'll stick with you to get this going.

C.