[postgis-users] Re: make errors GEOS 2.1.0 on mingw

Richard Greenwood Richard.Greenwood at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 19:47:23 PST 2004

Richard Greenwood <richard.greenwood <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Trying to build from latest CVS I get:
>
>    In file included from ../geomgraph/EdgeList.cpp:19:
>    ../../source/headers/geos/profiler.h:27:26: geos/timeval.h: No such
> file or directory
>
> I believe this was discussed in a previous thread titled "Error
> compiling geos 2.1.0 on Windows/MinGW" but I could not understand the
> solution.

Following up on my previous post: I fetched timeval.h from
   http://mywebpage.netscape.com/yongweiwu/timeval.h.txt
and placed it in geos-2.1.0/source/headers/geos
In profiler.h I had to comment out
   #ifndef _MSC_VER
   #  include <sys/time.h>
   #endif
but that is probably because I have MSVC variables defined in my environment.

GEOS now appears to build correctly.

Regards,
Rich