[postgis-users] 8.00beta5 on Windows - problem with libpq.dll or me?

Ryan, Adam ARyan at co.linn.or.us
Tue Dec 7 12:37:00 PST 2004

Dear list,

I'm a first time user, and I downloaded and ran the Windows installer at

http://postgresqlwin32.free.fr/download/postgresql800beta5/setup/pg800b5msi.
zip

provided by TECHER Jean David, on a Windows XP box.

I can use pgAdmin all right, but the postgis functions don't seem to be
there.  So from the installation instructions in the manual, I tried:

psql.exe -d dbOne -f postgis.sql

on the commandline, and I get:

"The procedure entry point PQcancel could not be located in the dynamic link
library libpq.dll"

And I get this if I run psql.exe without any arguments too.  All I've done
so far is run the installer.  Anyone want to help a new user get started?

Cheers,

Adam