[postgis-users] psql -f postgis.sql -d , ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "class"

ajaramil ajaramil at olemiss.edu
Tue Dec 21 09:31:17 PST 2004

I installed postgres (7.2) -postgis (0.9.1) in fedora 3,
everything goes well until the last step.

psql -f postgis.sql -d

where I receive this error:

[postgres at hst000014811um ~]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -f
postgis.sql -d oxford
BEGIN
        message
------------------------
 PL/PgSQL is installed.
(1 row)

CREATE
CREATE
CREATE
CREATE
psql:postgis.sql:1825: ERROR:  parser: parse error at or
near "class"
psql:postgis.sql:1829: NOTICE:  current transaction is
aborted, queries ignored until end of transaction block
*ABORT STATE*
psql:postgis.sql:2354: NOTICE:  current transaction is
aborted, queries ignored until end of transaction block
*ABORT STATE*
COMMIT
[postgres at hst000014811um ~]$

Any idea about the error? I checked the archives, the only
reference there suggest to execute the pgsql as postgres,
I'm doing that and still doesn't work.

I previously got an error in line 436, then since
"rename_geometry_table_constrains" is used only for updates
I erased that function. I hope it is not a big deal.

Thanks, Alex Jaramillo