[postgis-users] shp2pgsql (php)

Paul Scott paul at in2one.co.za
Fri Dec 31 01:22:56 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 11:10, Paul Hastings wrote:
> dumb question, is that something you'd really want to do on a
> webserver? or is that process very resource stingy?
>
> thanks and happy new year.
>
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:27:37 +0200, Paul Scott <paul at in2one.co.za> wrote:
> > //function to insert shapefiles (ESRI) into PostGIS DB
> > function create_sql($filename,$dbname)

It seems OK to me, I don't see too much resource wastage, but then
again, its only me and not a production box where > 1 person may be
doing it simultaneously...

I am including those functions in a postgis class that I am working on
in php, its doesn't have to be used if its a bit hairy for "real" users!

--Paul
--
Linux User #348957