[postgis-users] Distance() vs ? - performance

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Tue Feb 17 16:51:37 PST 2004

Dave answered my question earlier, but now I'm wondering if there is a
trade-off on memory/temp space usage.

I'm trying to compute a distance between two tables of features and find
my temporary files fill up the drive and kill my query.
My query involves computing the distance from polygon features to the
nearest line feature (i.e. polygons -> road line).  So I can't use && to
optimize the query because they are very discontiguous.

Any recommendations?

postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net wrote on 02/13/2004 01:19:12
PM: