[postgis-users] geos result sets

Martin Davis mbdavis at VividSolutions.com
Wed Feb 25 10:23:43 PST 2004

I thought I better leap to the defence of JTS/GEOS.  I've analyzed the
situation and (no surprise to me) found that the results from GEOS are
correct.  The Within=FALSE result is caused by a slight difference in
the vertices in the two coverages.

I've attached a full analysis (with screenshots from JUMP).

I have no idea why ArcView gives a different result - you'll have to ask
ESRI    8^)

Martin Davis, Senior Technical Architect
Vivid Solutions Inc.
Suite #1A-2328 Government Street Victoria, B.C. V8T 5G5