[postgis-users] Intersects(geometry,geometry) fails

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Jan 13 17:56:47 PST 2004

David,
We have been unable to replicate your problem, either with compiling or
with the function itself. I am suspicious of your hybrid compilation
environment -- I wonder if you are getting one setup from configure and
then compiling under another. Remember, postgis inherits its
configuration options from the underlying postgreql configuration. So it
will use whatever options the postgresql configure script has determined
are optimal. Also note that gcc 3.x is required for GEOS things. So...
make sure you are not getting cached values in your configuration, start
from fresh source, use *only* gcc 3.x, and cross your fingers.
Magic,
Paul

David Valentine wrote:

> Nope.
>
> Without the CFLAGS=-fPIC this is where the compile errors start:
>
> gcc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wmissing-declarations -g -fexceptions   -I. -DFRONTEND
> -DSYSCONFDIR='"/usr/local/pgsql/etc"'  -DUSE_VERSION=74
> -I/usr/local/include/geos -DUSE_GEOS -I/usr/local/include -DUSE_PROJ
> -DUSE_STATS -fPIC -I../../src/include   -c -o postgis_algo.o postgis_algo.c
> ar crs libpostgis.a `lorder postgis_debug.o postgis_ops.o postgis_fn.o
> postgis_inout.o postgis_proj.o postgis_chip.o postgis_transform.o
> postgis_gist_72.o postgis_estimate.o postgis_geos.o
> postgis_geos_wrapper.o postgis_algo.o | tsort`
> UX tsort: INFORM: cycle in data
>         postgis_geos_wrapper.o
>         postgis_geos.o
>         postgis_inout.o
>         postgis_fn.o
> UX tsort: INFORM: cycle in data
>         postgis_inout.o
>         postgis_fn.o
> ranlib libpostgis.a
> gcc -shared -h libpostgis.so.0 postgis_debug.o postgis_ops.o
> postgis_fn.o postgis_inout.o postgis_proj.o postgis_chip.o
> postgis_transform.o postgis_gist_72.o postgis_estimate.o postgis_geos.o
> postgis_geos_wrapper.o postgis_algo.o -L../../src/port -L../../src/port
>  -lstdc++ -L/usr/local/lib -lgeos -L/usr/local/lib -lproj
> -R/usr/local/pgsql/lib -o libpostgis.so.0.8
> Text relocation remains                         referenced
>     against symbol                  offset      in file
> <unknown>                           0x2a28      postgis_geos_wrapper.o

       __
      /
      | Paul Ramsey
      | Refractions Research