[postgis-users] undefined symbol: errstart

Matthew Haines mhaines94108 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:50:29 PST 2004

I searched the archives but was not able to find any references to the
problem I am having.

Freshly installed Redhat 9.0, installing Postgis 0.8.0 against PostgreSQL
7.4 freshly compiled from /usr/src into /usr/local using only the defaults
and exactly according to the scripts in the docs for both programs.

When I execute
    psql -d nycpr -f postgis.sql

I get
    psql:postgis.sql:41: ERROR:  Load of file
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpostgis.so.0.8 failed:
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpostgis.so.0.8: undefined symbol: errstart

Any suggestions?  I had the same problem a week ago on my Mandrake 9.1
system (and never could get it working).

BTW -- you can see my PostGIS application live at
http://www.nycPropertyResearch.com/  Just click on the 'Brooklyn' link on
the home page in the middle.

Thanks,

Matthew Haines