[postgis-users] undefined symbol: errstart

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Jan 19 18:22:44 PST 2004

Google is almost, but not completely, unhelpful. There is *one* reference to
your error, albeit in Polish. From what I can muddle through, the response is
that there is a conflict between the 7.3 and 7.4 postgresql versions.

So... does your fresh install of RedHat 9 have some postgresql rpms sitting on
it still?

rpm -qa | grep postgres

If there are any, remove them, so your from-source install can have the field
clear to itself.

Paul