[postgis-users] Strange Exceptions

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Mon Jan 26 10:44:36 PST 2004

Hi,

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:37:54 -0800
Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> wrote:

> Make sure you check all your geometries with isvalid() before you
> start trying to intersect them. Invalid geometries are the #1 cause of
> failures in the other functions.

That was a good hit, it points out that I have some non-valid geometries
in my database. So I think I now have to make them valid.

I just found out that all ExteriorRings are valid. So I can work with
the ExteriorRings only until the problem is solved. ATM, I suspect that
there are some points of interior rings that lie on the border or
outside of the exterior ring...

Thanks,
Markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich