[postgis-users] Strange Exceptions

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Jan 26 11:03:16 PST 2004

Validity is a terrible chicken and egg problem. Ideally, people would
only have valid geometries. So we could enforce a "valid-only" load
rule. But then how to people load their data, if they have a few invalid
geometries? Do we silently drop them? Then how to they find and fix
them? If we let people load invalid geometries (and we pretty much have
to) then how do we keep people from running validity-sensitive tests on
them? Etc, etc, etc.

--
       __
      /