[postgis-users] jdbc, bytea for the write side

Andrea Aime andrea.aime at aliceposta.it
Sun Jul 4 14:18:15 PDT 2004

Hi everybody,
a simple question: it is just me, or we have a function that converts wkb to
bytea but not the other way round? Using bytea(AsBinary(...,...)) in jdbc
reads I've got a nice performance improvement, so I was wondering if I could
an improvement on the write side too (althought I'm aware I won't get much
due to the lack or real batch statements support in the current stable jdbc
driver).
So, is there a way to create a statements like "insert into table(geom)
values(GeomFromWKB(bytea2wkb(?)))" and then perform a direct setBytes(xxx)
on the prepared statement? I assume we lack a function to convert from bytea
to wkb, but I don't know well postgis internals...

Best regards
Andrea Aime