[postgis-users] Installed files directory and postgis.sql error

Bato Pure odonp at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 18:43:52 PDT 2004

Thanks Paul,

Your educated guess works on my problem. Great!

After making successful installation I have the
following problems:

1. There's no [prefix]/lib/contrib directory.

2. postgis.sql is in [prefix]/share, not in
[prefix]/share/contrib as written in the manual.

3. After giving psql -d [mydb] -f postgis.sql there
are many error messages like:

psql:postgis.sql:1753: ERROR:  current transaction is
aborted, commands ignored
until end of transaction block
psql:postgis.sql:1770: ERROR:  current transaction is
aborted, commands ignored
until end of transaction block
psql:postgis.sql:1846: ERROR:  current transaction is
aborted, commands ignored
until end of transaction block
psql:postgis.sql:1867: ERROR:  current transaction is
aborted, commands ignored
until end of transaction block
psql:postgis.sql:1888: ERROR:  current transaction is
aborted, commands ignored
until end of transaction block
COMMIT

4. the same problem with 3 on spatial_ref_sys.sql

What are the solutions? Or can I normally continue to
work without fixing the problems?

Bato