[postgis-users] more query optimization

Robert W. Burgholzer rburgholzer at maptech-inc.com
Tue Jun 1 08:48:26 PDT 2004

OK,
the USE_STATS option was indeed set to 1 in my postgis makefile, I have run
the following query:

select update_geometry_stats();

And voila! the query comes back in under a minute,  perfectly acceptable.
Now, do you suggest I include this update_geometry_stats() call in my daily
vacuum job?

Thanks a bunch,
r.b.