[postgis-users] referencing GEOMETRY object values in libpq?

sandr002 at bama.ua.edu sandr002 at bama.ua.edu
Mon Jun 14 11:53:32 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm working on a project that requires using C, and I'm still pretty new
to PostGIS.  I'm trying to retrieve the values  of the points on a
polygon from a PGresult, using the libpq library.  Is there a better way
to do this than parsing the 'GeometryAsText()' string?  I guess what I
would like to know is if there is a way to reference
POLYGON3D->pts->POINT3D->x/y/z to store it in a local variable of my own.

Thanks guys,
-Nick