[postgis-users] Optimizer guess makes query 1000x slower?

rm_postgis at cheapcomplexdevices.com rm_postgis at cheapcomplexdevices.com
Tue Jun 15 09:13:34 PDT 2004

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, strk wrote:

> update_geometry_stats() needs always be run manually.
> automatic statistics gathering for custom operators is available
> from postgresql 75 only.

Thanks!

Wonder if it'd be good to add this note to the postgis docs
page that talks about indexes:
  http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/x511.html
I kinda would have expected to see that information there.

> A curiosity, how many geometry records are there ?

This table has 59000 geometry records, all in 12 cities.  The
table I was joining it with had about 10000 records.

ronmap=# select count(*) from cpal_events;
 count
-------
 58890
(1 row)

ronmap=# select count(*) from geometry_columns;
 count
-------
    27
(1 row)

Thanks again for your help!
The database is working very well right now!

   Ron